The Banquet Chef is generally in charge of food production. He/she also supports the Executive Chef by completing projects as directed. The Banquet Chef may be required to temporarily assume the duties of the Chef in his or her absence.
- Responsible for food production
- Ensures adherence to all recipes guidelines to provide consistent quality, proper presentation technique and food safety standards, consults with Chef if there are any concerns.
- Operates all kitchen equipment safely and correctly.
- Follows facility and chef’s safe food handling guidelines.
- Follows all sanitation and nutrition practices.
- Follows all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Oversee and assist the kitchen staff in all aspects of food production
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or General Manager at any time.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
Education/ Experience/ Skills:
- Degree in Culinary Arts or 2 years related experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy and time management.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and all local Department of Health Regulations.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Outlook, Esysco, and MS Excel preferred.
- Adherence to all Company and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English
- Local travel required when considered necessary
- Physical demands include light work, prolonged walking and/or standing along with the occasional exertion of up to 40lbs of force.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.