It's an exciting time to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids! We provide only the finest of accommodations with guest service second-to-none. As a part of our mission, we are people-centric and performance-minded. DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids and Spire Hospitality pride ourselves on supporting, encouraging and coaching our fellow team members to provide outstanding guest service and satisfaction—and we would like you to become part of our team. With Spire Hospitality, your success is our primary mission.
Apply today! Our associates receive FREE lunch, FREE parking, discounts to hotels for them and their friends, and full benefits after 60 days of employment!
Referral incentive also available!
Full time and part time positions available!
To manually set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with high standards of quality.
Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes transporting heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
Cleaning pre-function area to include vacuuming and cleaning area and sweeping and mopping back hallway.
Communicate with supervisor throughout shift.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, classroom, etc.).
- Ability to understand verbal English sufficient to understand verbal job requests from supervisor and guests.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 80 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
- Ability to read and understand Event Orders.
- Flexible time availability and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
- Good service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team to consistently deliver a quality product.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions