Job Title: Banquet Houseperson
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Banquet Manager, Banquet Captain, F&B Manager, Assistant F&B Manager, and Director of F&B
Prepare, maintain, clean, and sanitize meeting rooms according to Hotel standards prior to and after events to provide a high level of
service that will result in successful events and satisfied loyal customers.
- Responsible for setup and break-down of all banquet functions i.e. arranges tables, chairs, food service areas, etc. as specified in Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Maintains meeting rooms during event; reset/refresh room during breaks
- Fill ice water pitchers and place in room 20 minutes prior to the time said function begins and/or resumes
- Regular clean up for the banquet kitchen including sweeping and mopping the area and trash removal
- Routine inventory of banquet kitchen linen and restock when necessary
- Clean up of meeting rooms after function has concluded; vacuum the meeting room and change the linens
- Place appropriate signage throughout the hotel indicating the name and location of the meeting
- Assist banquet waiters and stewards when needed
- Responsible for table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and proper layout.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and some holidays.
- Must work well with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to read, think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, visitors, management and co‑workers to their understanding in person. Ability to provide legible communication and directions