Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Providing Banquet guests excellent food quality and consistency in an attractive environment with professional service. Responsibilities include supervising the Banquet culinary functions to meet the food quality goals, meeting the company's financial goals, facilities maintenance, and personnel development objectives.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; directing work that was assigned from Banquet Chef and Sous Chef; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints.
* The Supervisor will assist the Banquet Chef and Sous Chef in providing "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests. The demonstration, preparation and execution of each item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed upon.
* Proper guest service requires that the food is produced on a timely basis and that the servers are well educated regarding the menu.
* It is the Supervisor responsibility to participate in service education through:
* Daily line-ups;
* Quarterly menu meetings
* The Supervisor is also responsible to assist the Banquet Chef in training the kitchen staff to produce meals promptly.
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
* It is the Supervisor's responsibility to assist in supervising the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and downstairs prep area.
* The Supervisor is responsible for communicating with the kitchen staff, identifying developable personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open.
Specific experience we're seeking:
* At least 2 year of professional culinary experience required.
* Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation .
* Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative.
* Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: At least 2 year of professional culinary experience required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).