Do you enjoy interacting with others and making people feel welcome and at home? Are you someone that has a great eye for detail and ambition to get things done? If this is the case we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be a part of the opening team for a brand new hotel.
We are gearing up for the grand opening of the Courtyard and TownePlace Suites by Marriott Agoura Hills due to open in April 2020. This is a newly built dual branded property with a combined 225 guest rooms and about 8,300 sq. ft. of meeting space. Banquet servers will work during our banquet functions on an as needed basis. If this sounds like a great fit and you would like to be considered for these future positions, please fill out an application for our review!
On-Call Banquet Server
The Courtyard by Marriott is looking for an on-call Banquet Server to join our fantastic and energetic team!
- Minimum one (1) years experience working as a Banquet server or restaurant server
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner
- Great customer service skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to follow directions from banquet event orders
- Responsible for setting up, serving, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift
- Responds quickly to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintains supplies neat and organized
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc, for full service of banquet events
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests
- Anticipate and address guests` service needs