Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
Under direction of banquet captain provides service for banquet operations as asssigned for the Hotel. With banquet captain, ensure all service SOPs are followed to provide highest levels of service for banquet attendees. Assist the captain in the care of banquet spaces and equipment.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
· Minimum 1 year Banquet service experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent - required
· TIPS training and GFSF certification preferred or attained within 30 days - required
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serves banquet guests according to Kessler SOPs.
· Obtains linen, silver, glassware, and china to set tables.
· Arranges settings on tables.
· Serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
· Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
· Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
· Attend all company mandated training meetings as well as hold month meetings for Banquet Grand performers
· Assists in maintaining banquet spaces and equipment as directed by Banquet Captain
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Banquet service standards
- Able to lift and carry 40 lbs regularly
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of time will be spent standing walking and carrying up to 8 hours per shift
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 40 lbs, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat and cold