Clear Skies Meadery Bar Back Job Description
We are looking for an attentive and efficient Bar Back whom can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. This position is part-time with the possibility of becoming full time and part of the employee tip pool.
The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, preparing charcutier trays, ensuring the bar is well stocked on daily requirements, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, detail oriented, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment.
To be a successful Bar Back, you should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent drinks and service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills.
Bar Back Responsibilities:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as: restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked.
- Preparing charcuterie trays by operating a meat slicer.
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and brewing coffees and teas, and serving items to customers
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve quality.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints at basic levels.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
Bar Back Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More experience, education, training, or TIPS certification is preferred/ability to obtain is required.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, out-going personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including all meads (we will teach you) and food items.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 12.00 Hourly