The Lounge Bar Utility (Barback) is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful table service that meets or exceeds guest expectations as well as the AAA Four Diamond standards. This position is primarily responsible for cleaning bar and equipment, and replenishing bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes.
- No Direct Reports
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Guest Service – 20%
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards
- Assisting Bartending staff as needed.
- Sidework – 80%
- Set up bar in a thorough and swift manner.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
- Stocks refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer.
- Replaces empty beer kegs with full ones.
- Slices and pits fruit used to garnish drinks.
- Washes glasses, bar, and equipment and polishes bar fixtures.
- Mops floors.
- Removes empty bottles and trash.
- Mixes and prepares flavors for mixed drinks.
- Maintain the daily operations of the restaurant through the execution of daily sidework.
- Keeps bar area clean and organized at all times.
- Attend all required trainings and department meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tasks at a time.
Ability to keep emotions under control.
Good time management skills.
Basic knowledge of Wine, Beer, and liquor.
Ability to respond promptly to guest needs.
Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
English language and professional communications skills are required.
Kessler Grant Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma – required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - preferred
- Experience in F&B operations - preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking during majority of shift-
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Lifting requirements of up to 40 pounds-
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.