Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Barback is responsible for clearing and resetting tables as well as assisting food servers in providing exceptional service to guests. S/he assists with clearing tables, refilling water, and restocking clean plates, silverware, and glassware. The Barback will assist to maintain the Resort Standards.
The Busser shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as well as promoting the resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
** = Full Time Associate
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate items
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate glasses, plates and saucers
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Removes dishes, glasses, silverware or other item from tables and countertops and takes them to the kitchen for proper sanitation
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of La Cantera Resort and Spa including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Familiarizes him/herself with all menus
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menu items
- Performs food preparation duties such as bread & butter set-ups, condiment preparation, filling water & ice tea pitchers and any other prep as needed
- Verifies the table positions are correct; and the floor around the tables is clean and free of debris
- Assists servers with monitoring tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Provides assistance to resort staff as needed
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all La Cantera Resort and Spa dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High school education required
- Prior food and beverage experience preferred
- At least six months customer service experience preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.