St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking afull-time Baristawho will prepare coffee shop products and provide customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately collect and process payments and funds.
- Reconcile daily collection.
- Follows specific policies and procedures for the coffee shop to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Prepares coffee shop beverages consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Works as part of Food Services team to provide quality services to coffee shop customers as well as catering clients as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED; or three to six months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires experience in basic data entry, use of a calculator, and cash handling.