Barista - API-API00244
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Barista position operates various types of specialty beverage or coffee outlet facilities or services, in addition to doing a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, cash handling and serving duties. Full time, part time, on call and seasonal work may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers as with general information, inquires, order selection and recommendations, etc.
- Brews a wide variety of specialty coffees, tea, chocolate, using coffee urns or makers, teapots, drink mixers, etc.
- Answers customer's questions concerning available products.
- Properly, safely, and efficiently prepares various food products following and observing standard food handling procedures. May make sandwiches and operates Panini Press etc.
- May prepare and issue iced beverages, such as fountain or bottled drinks, etc
- Serves, wraps, or bags customer products.
- Operates cash register to record price, compile printed list, and display costs.
- Creates monthly special items and their prices.
- Totals price (or tax), accepts payment, and makes change on products to be purchased by customer.
- May calculate any applicable sales discount to determine price.
- May keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock, or order merchandise.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Follows corporate and/or unit cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service and beverage machines
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with food or concession stand items.
- Observes any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served and takes appropriate steps to resolve issues.
- Cleans and polishes utensils and equipment used in food and beverage preparation.
- Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, and maintains cleanliness throughout the day. Ie. All general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases) and equipment as well as all floors.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas, sets up or breaks down tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines, etc.
- Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
- Adheres to all sanitation regulations set by Federal, State, and local municipalities.
- This position is not responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High School or GED equivalent required.
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers’ Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days
- Three (3) months prior barista experience.
Three (3) months prior food preparation experience.
- Observes extensive grooming, customer service, and uniform/dress standards.
- The ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision
- An ability to quickly learn about the products being sold, cash register operation, site features and NMS's customer service expectations/standards.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Familiarity with POS (Point of Sale) System to check out customers.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually mild
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a healthcare setting.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Infrequently required to sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs
Dedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations/needs.
High volume of customer interaction.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us email@example.com
Job:Food Preparation & Service
Deadline to Fill:Sep 12, 2019