JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
The Barista is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful service that meets or exceeds guest expectations as well as the AAA Four Diamond standards. The position is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within Starbucks. The Barista is also responsible for performing other support functions which include cleaning and stocking.
- No Direct Reports
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Guest Service – 80%
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Promptly and warmly greeting guests upon arrival.
- Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient service.
- Answer phones using appropriate verbiage.
- Takes food and beverage orders.
- Prepares all drink orders to Starbucks standards.
- Prepares and serves food items.
- Relays order to kitchen through POS.
- Totals bill and accepts payment.
- Execute all financial transactions according to departmental and company policy
- Sidework – 20%
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
- Inventory and restock supplies as needed.
- Maintain the daily operations of the cafe through the execution of daily sidework.
- Keeps cafe clean and organized at all times.
- Attend all required trainings and department meetings
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
- Basic math skills; ability to make change.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma – required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - recommended
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing during majority of shift- 100%
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel. 100%
- Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds20%
- Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking)10%
- Working in café/kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required) 15%
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees. 100%
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.25%
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.