Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Ginna’s Café and Fuzziwigs associate provides World class customer service in Ginna’s Café and Fuzziwigs Candy Shop. This position is responsible for providing quality beverages/food and supervision of the Scheels dining areas.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Prepare candy and fudge products for sale to customers.
- Perform all Ginna’s Café and Fuzziwigs Candy Shop functions, which may include deli line, barista, grill, ice cream, baked goods, fudge and other duties as assigned per Ginna’s and Fuzziwigs Manager and Supervisors
- Follow all food safety guidelines by State and Local Ordinances
- Ensure all products are received and stored according to Standard Operating Guidelines
- Assist in training all new associates using kitchen tools, mentor checklists and Standard Operating Guidelines
- Ensure cash control and till management is followed according to Scheels Cashier Guidelines
- Manage and support side work, daily and detail cleaning schedules, opening and closing procedures
- Maintain working knowledge of Café recipes and prepared foods
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
High school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6 p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20-25 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment OpportunityScheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.