Responsible for positive and accurate patient food service on assigned unit(s) including but not limited to food prep, tray assembly, serving and pick up, and cleaning/stocking of pantry.
Barista is responsible for creating coffee drinks and following cafe guidelines.
$13.00 - $13.50/Hour, DOE
- Shifts will vary:
- Shifts may include weekends as well as holidays.
- Serve customers coffee and pastry items
- Stock various stations
- Possess a friendly, outgoing demeanor
- Use and cleaning of an espresso machine, blenders, and register system
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s)
- Communicates any patient-related problems or concerns with appropriate personnel (supervisor, dietitian, nurse) in a timely manner to ensure patient satisfaction and safety
- Assist Dietitian with monitoring of patients as requested including, but not limited to, those patients on NPO, liquid, or calorie count diets
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patient diets are accurate and all patient dietary needs are met
- Has knowledge of and complies with all patient dietary restrictions as implied by physician order while ensuring optimal food preferences
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing professional quality to service to all patients, staff members, and guest of the food and nutrition department and hospital facility
- Barista experience preferred
- The ability to communicate with all levels of customers/patients and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Follow café guidelines concerning guest services, food and physical safety, maintenance and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Background check and drug screen required.