Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Barista to join our team!
Work for a growing company with a personal touch. Leadership is visible, approachable and shows that they care about their teams. Quest allows you to become an integral part of the local community, in an environment where you are listened to, supported and work-life balance and consistent scheduling is a priority. You are not just a number at Quest.
We provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. We are committed to creating the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it, which is achieved through an unwavering commitment to our values:
- Integrity: we do the right thing at all times
- Responsiveness: we listen and respond quickly to provide the best solutions
- Accountability: we do what we say we will do and accept responsibility for the results
- Respect: we treat others better than we expect to be treated ourselves
- Excellence: we deliver the best experience possible
Provides excellent customer service by preparing and serving menu items. Creates the "WOW" experience for guests of Quest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions through actions on a daily basis.
- Report to scheduled shifts on time and in complete uniform.
- Provide efficient, friendly and prompt service to the students and staff.
- Inform manager of need for change in a timely manner.
- Prepare and serve a variety of coffee drinks and food items.
- Adhere to Company recipes and measurements.
- Present, explain and answer questions about coffee drink menu.
- Process transactions through the Point of Sale system and count back change to customers.
- Maintain supplies and inventory.
- Maintain high level of standards for all product preparation.
- Assist in overall sanitation and organization of line and surrounding areas.
- Maintain open, positive and effective communication with others.
- Perform closing responsibilities, storing and cleaning of all line items and restocking all areas assigned. · Assist others in closing procedures if time permits.
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients, guests and staff during events by using their names whenever possible and anticipating their needs.
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a cash handling position
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Food Handler certification)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in the food service industry working in schools / higher education
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.