WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING A BARISTA FOR OUR ROBERTSON LOCATION
Through the role modeling of company behaviors, the barista acts as a brand ambassador and drives sales by delivering a superior customer service to each client.
- Display a dedication and motivation to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with regular clients
- Maintain shop floor, cleaning standards, ensure that the store is clean and tidy at all times
- Take orders, offering strong knowledge on coffee and the menu
- Delivering orders to tables
- Busing tables, polishing glasses and cutlery
- Prepare specialty coffee
- Adheres to loss prevention and security policies, credit policies and procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store Management – i.e. Receiving and verification of inventory, various back store functions, cash duties, etc.;
- Complies with all store/ company policies, practices and procedures;
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a barista or server
- Strong coffee knowledge
- Willing to learn how to educate and inform customers about coffee products
- Outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Passionate about building customer base, and working in a new concept
- Physical requirements: able to bend, stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, lift and move boxes up to 35 lb.
JAMES PERSE was founded over 20 years ago in Los Angeles, California by its eponymous designer. James’ signature design philosophy and aesthetic – the pairing of elegance and sophistication with simplicity and comfort – is borne from his passion for minimalist architecture and (as a Los Angeles native) his intimate familiarity with west coast indoor / outdoor living and the casual clothing inspired by it. This approach has been applied to each step in developing the JAMES PERSE brand, which has become synonymous with Southern California life and style.
At the Company’s inception, James’ mission was to bring an elevated look and feel to unique baseball caps and basic tees. Two decades later, the Company has expanded to producing full lines of its famously soft and meticulously constructed modern classics for men and women, as well as home furnishings, accessories, and limited edition goods. Our collections are sold in over 40 JAMES PERSE boutiques, as well as in fine department and specialty stores around the world.
Our employees are smart, creative, passionate, and service-driven individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and support policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
JAMES PERSE offers competitive benefits packages, including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, paid vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan with company match, and a generous employee discount.
To view and learn more about our open positions visit: http://jamesperse.applytojob.com/apply/
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.