Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
We are seeking a Cashier (barista duties) to join our rapidly growing Starbucks team.
As our Cashier (barista duties), you will contribute to Starbucks’ success by providing legendary customer service to all of our customers. You will create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing them with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. You will model and act in accordance with Starbucks’ guiding principles. We want our guests to remember that you provided the best USC experience, so that they are eager to return!
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling, safety, and security to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 6 months - 1 year.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Demonstrated barista experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Knowledge of food sanitation procedures.
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- 1 year of Starbucks barista experience.
- Cash handling experience in a quick service restaurant or fast-paced retail environment.
- Experience in a face-to-face customer service environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Less than high school
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated cash handling skills. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures. Ability to lift 30 lbs. Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$42994.htmld