The Barista is responsible for assisting customers and providing a great customer service. The Barista must be a quick learner with the ability to remember ingredients, prepare quality beverages, and fill customer orders. The associate must have the ability to greet customers, build relationships, and work effectively in a team environment.
This position also requires the ability to keep and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment. Respond to customer concerns and requests, and ensure all bookstore property and personnel are secure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Prepares quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Also, follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
* Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Follett Starbucks Cafe.
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard, and set a positive example for the shift team.
* Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
* Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a quality customer environment during each shift.
* Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
* Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
* Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude by building relationships and connecting with the customer.
* Discovers and responds to customer needs in a timely manner.
* Stocks products and maintains shelves/stock, organize and arrange books and merchandise as appropriate.
* Lift and carry boxes, books, and other merchandise.
* 1 years previous Barista / food service experience required.
* High School Degree or equivalent.
* Ability to stand for up to two or more hours at any given time.
* Ability to safely operate coffee equipment as necessary
* Previous experience in a coffee shop, café environment (preferred)
* Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions
* Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
* Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
* Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
* Effective communication skills-- clear, concise and positive.
* Computer literacty desired
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
* Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, kneel and bend.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled