Working at Starbucks will help you gain meaningful experience in the hospitality industry while working with experienced professionals.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Ability to read, follow, and prepare recipes.
- Rings up sales on a cash register, handles money, and counts out correct change.
- Ensures product temperature controls are met and maintained for quality and safety; follows all Board of Health regulations.
- Ensures all safety equipment is being used properly; alerts Supervisor of any malfunctions, safety concerns, or needs.
- Meet all scheduling availability requirements. Shifts include but are not limited to: early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We are ready to work with you toward a great experience at Starbucks.
Successful Cedar Point associates have the ability to:
- Take initiative and maintain the company’s reputation and dedication to safety, service, courtesy, cleanliness, and integrity.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting as well as work independently.
- Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills, including speaking in front of groups.
- Utilize problem solving skills, including working in a fast-paced, service-focused culture.
- Demonstrate strong time management, planning, and organizational skills in order to optimize productivity.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.