Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Summary of Position:
The purpose of this position is to mix, pour drinks and perform other bar and restaurant related duties while providing outstanding service in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests with a warm welcome.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling bar transactions in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Ring drink oders into POS immediately, collect payment, and make correct change.
- Mix, garnish and pour drinks according to standard recipes or portions, referring to recipe cards as needed.
- Perform server functions for all food orders.
- Perform hosting functions when necessary.
- Make patrons feel welcomed using clear and enthusiastic language.
- Keep bar stocked with necessary beverages, food items, paper supplies, utensils, ice, and other supplies at all times.
- Keep work station clean and well organized.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Anticipate patron's needs and act on them.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked.
- Check identification of patrons to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Refuse to serve beverages to patrons whoare not of legal age in a polite manner.
- Monitor behavior of patrons consuming alcohol, count number of drinks served, adhere to all State regulations for serving alcohol.
- Learn guests' names and favorite drinks.
- Team Player
- Enjoy working with people
- Warm, friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills (read, write, speak, and understand English)
- Orginization skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Trustworthy with cash and company property
- Updated state liquor card required
- One (1) year of bartending experience preferred (in comparable establishment)
- Basic math skills
- Basic reading skills
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Ability to stand for long periods and move around at a brisk pace
- Continuously reach, bend. lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent hand washing.