Work alongside service and support staff to provide a great dining experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment. Responsible for the accurate creation and presentation of all alcoholic and other bar beverages to guests in the lounge and in dining room.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Provide the same service required of servers to the guests in the lounge or at the bar.
- Responsible for stocking and helping maintain inventory of all beers, liquors, wines by the glass and bar supplies.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the bar and lounge areas.
- Maintain presence behind the bar or in the lounge whenever possible.
- Ensure all necessary items are stocked, including beer, wine, liquor, garnishes, plateware, silverware and glassware.
- Ensure all lounge chairs and tables are properly placed and aligned and lounge floor is free of debris.
- Ensure all ambience items (lamps, shutters, curtains, etc.) are set to correct standards set by Perry’s Restaurants.
- Suggestively sell guests appropriate food and beverage items using menus and Bar 79 promotional materials.
- Utilize and follow Perry’s Restaurants’ 40 steps of service required to ensure all guests have an enjoyable and complete dining experience.
- Proper entering and ordering of all food and beverages items into the Aloha Point of Sale system.
- Proper cash handling and providing of change to guests.
- Proper order taking and delivery of all to-go orders.
- Sales and proper recording of all gift cards.
- Collection/delivery of appropriate funds and proper recording of server checkouts.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work related to job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting and breaking down tables, etc.
- Must be TABC Certified.
- Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate may be required depending upon store location.
- Familiarity with Aloha Point of Sale system preferred but not required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age based upon state requirements to serve alcohol.
- Must have had at least two years of previous bartending experience preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Basic understanding of wine, wine varietals and wine growing regions required.
- Basic understanding of spirits, mixed drinks and their ingredients required.
- Experience within the Perry’s Restaurant Group at the Server position preferred but not required.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must complete server follow training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- LANGUAGE/MATH/REASONING ABILITY
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Basic math skill proficiency and cash handling skills necessary for providing accurate change for guests and handling cash checkouts.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively.
- Sales Savvy: The ability to influence the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades, or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-10 hour shifts).
- Ability to frequently carry full service tray without issue.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 50 pounds without issue.