Note: All Sandy Springs bartenders/servers must obtain a pour permit card:
Previous bartending experience required.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
• 1-2 years experience bartending in high-volume restaurants, preferred.
• Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
• Ability to reach, bend and stoop
• Ability to work in standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, glass racks and ice buckets.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to move and process information quickly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee guest experience from seating of table, to exiting the building, to ensure proper set-up for the next guest.
• Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders correctly in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen.
• Provide genuine hospitality to our guests from the beginning of their experience to the end.
• Complete all restaurant set up and side-work and be prepared to have manager verify its completion.
• Make drinks for servers in a timely manner and group according to ticket.
• Maintain an excellent knowledge of our entire food and beverage offerings.
• Take to-go orders on the phone and be ready to take payment from guests.
• Perform bar stocking and sidework at the start and end of each shift as required, and manage sidework during the shift as well (washing and stocking glasses, refilling ice, refilling beer and wine, refilling and recording liquor use, sanitizing the bar, keeping beer taps, wine bar and liquor bottles clean, and anything else that is required).
• Be prepared daily to be a sales and service person in our restaurant.
• Monitor and observe all guests’ dining experience, even if they are “other people’s” tables. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable) for any and all customers- unless it’s a to-go order.
• Adhere to state laws and our policy regarding alcohol sales.
• Ability to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the FOH manager or owner.
• Ability to prepare all menu items and beverages to company specifications.