*If you would like to attach a resume to your application, you must do so at the time the application is submitted*
The Torchy's legacy began in Austin, Texas in 2006 with an idea, a dedicated executive chef and a food trailer. Today, Torchy's Tacos operates dozens of locations across multiple states, all with the determination to deliver on our "Damn Good" food promise. The Torchy's Family prides itself on talent, diversity, and one hell of a work ethic.
Purpose of Position:
The Bartender provides full service dining experience that includes menu knowledge and cocktail preparation that follows Torchy’s recipes and policies.
- Abide by the TABC/ABLE/TIPS and Torchy’s policies concerning alcohol consumption and safety procedures to prevent over intoxication and underage selling
- Complete knowledge of food and bar menus, including bar batch recipes
- Proper set up and breakdown of margarita machines, wells and other bar equipment
- Correct labeling of produce and batches using proper day dots
- Interact with guests while maintaining a professional work environment
- Responsible for operating the bar, processing cash and credit card transactions. Properly monitor inventory efficiently
- Keep a neat and organized work space (i.e. no dirty glassware or empty food baskets in front of guests)
- Assumes 100% responsibility for their guests' experience
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the standard and Torchy’s Tacos drink recipes
- Wash and sterilize glassware
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and provide full service to patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
- Present drink and food menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding all menu items
- Must adhere to order-taking guidelines: Greet customer, take order, upsell food and beverage, review order, offer receipt, and thank for business
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to Bar Manager or General Manager
- Responsible for the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of beverage and Food Handling policies and procedures and current TABC/ABLE/TIPS license holder
- Basic liquor, beer, and bar terminology knowledge
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with a POS system
- Previous experience preferred
- Must be able to carry at least 40 lbs.