Seeking a Master of Potions - Bartender needed
At Alamo Drafthouse, our passion is to ensure every GUEST has an AWESOME experience and is EXCITED to come back. Our bartenders don’t just know how to stir up a mean drink, they know how to give our guests the perfect experience. They understand how fun conversation, a great movie selection, and positive vibes all contribute to our guest’s ideal drinking experience.
To be a member of our bartending team; you are a true master of the craft, able to think on your feet, can clearly communicate with others, and are dedicated to quality and great service. As a bartender, you may work directly with guests in our speciality bar or behind the scenes at our service bar. At Alamo Drafthouse, you get paid to do your best work and are encouraged to show your true personality. While no two days are alike and we may get really busy; we are a group of people who promote teamwork, encourage a fun work environment, and share common goals of creating badass drinks for our guests.
Picture yourself as a Bartender where you would have the opportunity to:
- Ensure the bar is safe. If you work at the specialty bar, checking IDs and cutting people off is not the most fun parts of the job, but they are important.
- Maintain a steady flow of drinks at the bar. This requires keeping an eye on inventory, multitasking and being organized.
- Make quality spirits, beers, and cocktails. This is the fun part! You’ll be responsible for knowing how to create an extensive list of our popular drink selections.
- Work with a smile. The vibe you set could make or break the bar.
Our Winning Combination - Alamo Drafthouse offers:
- Competitive hourly pay (nonexempt position)
- Career Growth: Most of our supervisory and management roles are filled internally
- Benefits: 401(k) with employer matching contributions, medical, dental, and vision coverage available
- Time Away: Vacation, Honeymoon Paid Time Off, Medical Leave, Paid Family Bonding (new child) Leave, and Sabbatical Leave
- Perks: Employee-exclusive events, Free movies, Fun atmosphere, and MORE
Recipe for Success:
- You are good on your feet with the ability to stand/walk for 100% of the shift
- You are dependable: You come to work on time, work with a team, and available to work on the weekends
- Working with a team is easy and you can communicate your needs in English in writing and verbally
- You have a thirst to learn more about bartending but already have basic knowledge of beer, wine, spirits, and familiar with standard drink recipes
- You know and continue to adhere to all applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance requirements (including getting licensed/certified when applicable)
- Change is not a scary word to you. You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
- You are able to manage a cash drawer and accounting for all transactions entered in our point of sale system (POS)
- You are at least 21 years of age
Cool if you have it (but not expected):
- You earned at least a High School Diploma/GED.
- You know movies (even the hidden gems)
What are you waiting for? Apply today and become a member of the Alamo Drafthouse family.
To learn more about Alamo Drafthouse, visit: https://drafthouse.com/
WORKING CONDITIONS: This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, and minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals and cooking equipment with moving parts. The work involves a majority of standing, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 100 lbs. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.