The successful Candidates shall:
- Engage student athletes to persist when experiencing difficulties and feel a sense of accomplishment when they succeed.
- Represent themselves, our school, and our community in a positive fashion, by consistently demonstrating class and sportsmanship before, during, and after competitions.
- Develop integrity expressed in sportsmanship and fair play. Student athletes and coaches are held to the highest standard of conduct as ambassadors for our school district and our community
- Teach student athletes responsibility, discipline, teamwork, effort-reward relationships, commitment, pride, and fun. Participants will be held accountable to individual team expectations and the school district athletic code. These aspects will be held as paramount, even above “winning and losing.”
- First and foremost relay the idea to student athletes to excel both academically and athletically.
- Contain the ability to build ownership, trust, and respect in the student athlete, communicate effectively with the student and parents, and enforce standards equitably when problems arise.
- Have the knowledge, experience, and ability to communicate their expertise, in their sport, to the student athlete.
Columbia School District #400 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Officer, Jay Aune, 787 Maple Street, Burbank, WA 99323, 509-545-8573, firstname.lastname@example.org , ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, Mike Taylor, 835 Maple Street, Burbank, WA 99323, 509-545-8571, email@example.com and Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator, Ian Yale, 977 Maple Street, Burbank, WA 99323, 509-547-9393, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is for the 2021 season (pending season approval)
***This position is open until filled.