Basecamp is First Ascent's take on a group-style strength and conditioning program. Sessions typically include a warm-up (tailored to the movements of the day, includes mobility work), strength portion, and metabolic conditioning portion. Every class is different.
- Develop effective and engaging programming for Basecamp classes, working around any equipment limitations as needed
- Lead high-value strength and conditioning classes that engage members and visitors across a wide range of ability and experience levels
- Scale and modify programming as-needed on the fly
- Adjust movements for individual athletes to work around injuries
- 5+ years of experience coaching group-style strength and conditioning classes of personal training or group fitness instruction experience
- 3+ years of experience programming for group-style strength and conditioning class
- 5+ years of CrossFit coaching experience preferred
- Certification (CFL2/L3, NASM, NSCA, etc.) preferred
- Exceptional communication skills
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and love of fitness
- Engaging presence in front of a group; Positive attitude; Flexible working style
- Upstanding reputation in the Chicago climbing and fitness communities
- Climbing experience is a plus, but certainly not required
- Basecamp coaches are compensated as independent contractors on a per-session rate. Rate will depend on experience and expertise.
- Benefits include free membership at First Ascent, pro deals in the outdoor industry, and steep discounts for First Ascent classes.
About First Ascent Climbing & Fitness
First Ascent Climbing & Fitness is built by Chicago climbers, for Chicago climbers. We have four convenient rock climbing gyms in the Loop, Avondale, Humboldt Park, and Uptown neighborhoods of Chicago. Our facilities feature world-class rock climbing terrain, a full schedule of yoga classes, and state-of-the-art functional fitness equipment.