HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (3 hrs/week) Basketball Official at our client site located in Anna, OH. Our Recreation program offers adults and youth the opportunity to compete in various recreational sports. In this position, you will officiate recreational basketball games on a seasonal basis. Schedule: Wednesdays 4pm-7pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Referee two consecutive one hour games up to 3 nights per week.
- Officiate the games and instruct players on the rules of the game as necessary.
- Each referee is responsible for maintaining their own uniform.
- Reports any problems with games and/or players to the site Program Manager.
- Officiate the recreational games while keeping a professional playing atmosphere.
- Accountability and punctuation to each game is a high priority.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Sports official license from OHSSA required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Professional, reliable, and people friendly.
- CPR and First Aid certifications through the AHA or American Red Cross.
- Active listening skills and ability to relate to and provide excellent customer service to participants and spectators.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Ability make quick decisions, possess mature judgment, and sound decision-making.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.