POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The position of lifeguard is there to provide Members and Guests with a safe and enjoyable aquatic environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. To provide a clean, well-maintained and safe aquatic environment in compliance with both club and public health department standards.
2. To connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities.
3. To provide warm welcomes, magic moments and fond farewells to all Members/Guests who you interact with.
4. To monitor Member activity within the aquatic environment to insure a safe aquatic environment at all times.
5. To properly maintain and monitor the pool environment so it meets all required local health codes and Member needs. This would include monitoring and balancing water chemistry, monitoring and maintaining pool temperature and monitoring and maintaining the cleanliness of the pool.
6. To maintain a clean and safe pool environment through proper cleaning and preventative maintenance of aquatic equipment, filter room equipment, heaters and pool surfaces.
7. To administer aquatic services as set forth by the club, including teaching swim lessons, supervising group swim activities and helping with other aquatic program activities.
8. To conduct oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the club. This includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
9. To attend all scheduled employee partner meetings and line-ups.
10. To adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club’s operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed that are not included in the above accountability list.
· Minimum of three months’ work experience as a lifeguard.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
· Certification in CPR.
· Certification in life saving and/or water safety from American Red Cross or other recognized agency.
· Pool Operators license from national or local agency preferred.