Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in prep coverage, events, and athlete recruitment. Our scouts produce 3,000 articles each month, our 100 tournaments and showcases host hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year.
We are a rapidly growing sports-focused company looking for the consummate team player to help us operate youth tournaments and showcases. As a Tournament Director, you will be responsible for the execution of youth tournaments from the time we set up on Friday evening until the last game finishes on Sunday afternoon.
We are committed to running first-class events, and as a Tournament Director, you will be an extension of Prep Network and responsible for maintaining that standard. You will receive all the tools, training, and resources you need to be successful, but when the first game tips off you will be running the show for the remainder of the event.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Event Setup. You will plan and execute facility set up each day with the Site Director and facility contacts.
- Managing Staff Hours and Event Finances. You will track your staffâ€™s hours and game attendance to ensure accurate payment. You will also manage admissions finances per our written policy.
- Staff Communication. You will be responsible for communication with all event staff including facility contacts, Site Directors, officials assignors, admissions workers, trainers, and scorerâ€™s table workers.
- Issue Resolution. You will be the point of contact for any coach, team, or customer/spectator complaints, and responsible for de-escalating any issues.
- Post Event. You will be responsible for venue teardown and shipping all event supplies back to the Prep Network office.
Qualifications and Skills
- Decisive and Problem Solving. Proven ability to make decisions under pressure, and solve problems on the fly.
- Personable. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Organized. Strong ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
- Budget and People Management. Experience working with budgets and managing groups of people of 10 or more.
- Google Apps. Proficient in working in Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Conflict Resolution. Exudes confidence and amicably resolves conflicts with spectators, parents, players, officials, etc.
- Event Management. Experience in running tournaments with at least 100 teams is highly preferred. Experience in multi-site event management is also preferred.
All Tournament Directors will be paid immediately following the event on Sunday.
Local candidates are preferred, but remote candidates will also be considered.
Powered by JazzHR