Altice Technical Services US is a business entity within the Altice family of companies. Altice Technical Services US is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Under general supervision the Broadband Field Service Technician installs, changes, repairs and disconnects cable services including video, data, and telephone. Performs troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls from the tap to the customer's electronic devices. Educates customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values. Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices. Utilizes network tools and troubleshooting knowledge to resolve network problems.
- Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer’s electronic devices to tap. Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures.
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products. Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate. Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle. Meets scheduled appointment windows. Completes work orders and other documentation on paper and/or by mobile device. Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures.
- Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance and home certifications.
- Adheres to established maintenance windows for all outages.
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment.
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment.
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required.
- When applicable rearranging and reconnecting fiber optic service drops at pole, underground or building terminals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.