Sanford Health in collaboration with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine is excited to announce the new Medical Oncology Fellowship program that is projected to begin in 2022. Due to this new and exciting program we are seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Adult Medical Oncologist to practice in Sanford's prestigious Roger Maris Cancer Center located in Fargo, ND.
- Position will be 50% Medical Oncologist Research Lead and 50% Clinical Practice
- Successful candidate will lead strategic planning that will enhance the clinical trials portfolio, as well as provide insight into the need for future programs
- Play a key role in the development of a Medical Oncology and Hematology Fellowship program and support development of Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Candidates will be expected to develop independent research programs and lead clinical oncology research efforts
Sanford's Roger Maris Cancer Center is nationally recognized for its innovative programs, highly trained staff and research in cancer care:
- Roger Maris Cancer Center team consists of 14 Medical Oncologists/Hematologists, 3 Pediatric Oncologists/Hematologist and 5 Radiation Oncologists.
- Recipient of the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Award from the American College of Surgeons.
- Program accredited by the American College of Surgeons on Cancer since 1940.
- Sanford's Breast Center was one of the first 50 in the country to achieve the NAPBC (National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers).
- Recently achieved the Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence designation through the NQMBC (National Quality Measure for Breast Cancer).
- Sanford's cancer team provides comprehensive cancer care including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, financial counseling, psychological support, nutritional support, family counseling, infusion services and palliative care.
- Sanford’s team of 12 nurse navigators provides navigation support for multiple cancer sites including
- The cancer center actively participates in research as a member of NCORP (NCI Community Oncology Research Program).
- In addition, Sanford has a familial cancer program, risk assessment clinic, and survivorship program.
- Hematology/Oncology hospitalist service covers most inpatient admissions
- Sanford Health offers the opportunity to teach University of North Dakota medical students and internal medicine residents.
Sanford Health offers a competitive compensation package which includes production incentives based on clinical work, with a guaranteed salary for the first two years. Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more.
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Lisa Christianson, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment Office
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6533