Sanford Health's Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is seeking a Board Certified Child and Adolescent psychiatrist with interest in developing a Child Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship program in Fargo, North Dakota.
Behavioral Health Sanford Health is a valued part of our care team and integral in our comprehensive care model. We are looking for candidates who want to be a part of a team that is growing our efforts to develop specialty care programming for the patients and families we serve. Sanford Health is a great place for a self-driven psychiatrist with leadership goals wanting to make their mark in developing and enhancing programs with support from a collegial interdisciplinary teams.
- Position consists of 0.5 FTE Fellowship Director and 05. FTE direct patient care (with or without fellows/residents)
- The candidate must be a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy and have completed both an ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) or AOA (American Osteopathic Association) accredited residency in psychiatry and an accredited fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- The candidate must possess or be eligible for an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of North Dakota and an unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration license, and must be Board-certified or Board-eligible in psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry.
- This is a clinician educator position with outpatient direct patient care duties and will include program development, resident supervision, medical student teaching, and scholarly activities.
- The successful candidate will join a productive, collegial multi-disciplinary team of behavioral health clinicians
- Current specialty areas include Eating Disorders Unit, Adolescent PHP and a new Center for Traumatic Stress
- We are one of the largest behavioral health departments in the State of North Dakota and eastern Minnesota, and are the primary training site of University of North Dakota School of Medicines General Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Psychology Post Doctorate and several other medical residency programs.
These programs are conceptualized as being natural extensions of the medical school experience with the goals of providing both general and specialized didactic and clinical experiences to produce well rounded, skilled child/ adolescent psychiatrists who can work with a range of problems and types of populations in diverse settings. The mission of these programs is to graduate skilled, compassionate, versatile physicians who are knowledgeable about systems of care, diverse ethnic and cultural populations, and collaborative care in addition to being knowledgeable and competent in the general clinical practice of psychiatry and child/ adolescent psychiatry.
Faculty joining these residency programs will have the opportunity to develop and start educational, clinical and research programs within a system that prioritizes working within the community, incorporating prevention and early intervention into care, and collaboration within and outside of medicine. While the primary focus of these positions will be the development of clinical and educational programs, teaching and supervising trainees and the provision of direct clinical care, applicants with current or prior research experience and interest are also encouraged to apply. Protected time for scholarly activities and/or start-up research support can be provided based on interest, prior experience and future career goals. ,
Sanford Health offers a generous guaranteed salary for the first two years. , Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more. ,
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Patty Absey, Manager-Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment Office
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6539