The Senior is responsible for assessing clients' current level of development across the various sections of the curriculum, designing client programs, writing Individual Treatment Plan and leading Behavioral Technicians. Caseload is typically six to nine clients.
Non-Essential Functions/Other Duties:
1. Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Behavioral Technicians and Senior Interns on assigned client cases.
Travel Required: Daily travel to client homes and required meeting, with use of personal vehicle required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The employee may have to use appropriate behavior management techniques frequently with a client under such circumstances. Such response requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. The employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type and write. In addition, the employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, printers, copiers, files, etc. The employee must be able to independently and repeatedly lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision. Speech must be spoken in a way in which others will understand. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
- Prefer either BCBA or BCaBA certification.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services discipline and at least 2,000 hours of training or supervised experience in the use of behaviorally based therapy models.
- Prefer at least two years of relative experience, including previous leadership expeirence.
- Must have experience working with children and adolescents, utilizing ABA therapies.
- A solid understanding of autism and behavioral principles.
- Experience utilizing applied behavior analytic strategies to modify behavior.
- Experience with functional behavior assessments and writing behavior support plans.
Skills and Competencies:
- Natural ability to interact with children, with the ability to work with a variety of children on the autism spectrum, at different functioning levels.
- Must display energy and creativity.
- Critical thinking skills, with strong analytical abilities.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to meet scheduling commitments.
- Strong leadership skills to include conflict resolution, coaching, mentoring and training with the ability to hold others accountable.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships. Must be able to communicate information and ideas by speaking in a way in which others will understand.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and abide by ethical guidelines and policies, including compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations. Maintain professional boundaries with clients and their families.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully adapt and perform in an ever-changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must pass thorough background checks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of auto insurance.
"Mental Health", "Child Psychology", “ABA Tutor”, "child development", “paraprofessional”, "Occupational Therapy", Speech, Sociology, "Social Work", "special education", "child care", "special needs", "applied behavior analysis", Autism, "part-time", “behavior therapist”, “therapy”, “CPI”, “TCI”, “MENTA”, “crisis management”, “behavior management”, disabilities, “developmental disabilities”, “home care”, “behavioral health”, “early childhood” , “teacher”, “skills coach” , “behavior intervention”, "anxiety", "apraxia", "aspergers syndrome", "attention deficit disorder (ADD)","communication disorders","developmental delays","downs syndrome","fragile x","motor skills deficits","non compliance","obsessive compulsive disorder","social deficits,"social pragmatic disorder","sensory integration disorder","behavior difficulties disorder"food selectivity,"persuasive development disorder (PDD-NOS)", "global development","behavior difficulties/disorders", "attention deficit hyper active disorder”, “(ADHD)","global development", "learning disabilities"
“Behavior Technician”, “ABA Jobs” , “Working with Children”, “Psychology”, “Social Work Jobs” , “Child Therapy”, “Adolescent Therapy”, “Childcare”, “Early Intervention”, “Challenging Behavior”, “Autism Spectrum Disorders”
“BCBA jobs”, “BCBA careers”, “Applied Behavior Analysis”, “LBA”, “Board Certified Behavior Analyst”, “ABAi”, “Psychology”, “Special Education”, “Early Intervention”, “Verbal Behavior”, “Autism Spectrum Disorders”, “Developmental Disabilities”, “Parent Education”