The Lead BCBA is one of the clinical leaders of the Company and Lead BCBA ensures all clients and families are receiving high quality, effective services to address client needs. The Lead BCBA is responsible for the supervision and management of home-based intervention programs and treatment teams for children on the autism spectrum. The Lead BCBA ensures that clinical staff are providing quality treatment for optimal results, and all standards of care are being maintained. Lead BCBA caseload size will vary based on the size of clinic and needs of clients with a target caseload of 10 - 15 clients on average.
Clinical Case Management:
Non-Essential Functions/Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Senior Therapists and Senior Interns. Depending on clinic size and organizational structure, may also supervise Clinical Supervisor(s), or manage a caseload of in-home behavior intervention programs.
Travel Required: Frequent travel to client homes, with use of personal vehicle required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The employee may have to use appropriate behavior management techniques frequently with a client under such circumstances. Such response requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. The employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type and write. In addition, the employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, printers, copiers, files, etc. The employee must be able to independently and repeatedly lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision. Speech must be spoken in a way in which others will understand. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a doctoral degree in clinical psychology from an accredited educational institution, actively licensed by a state board of examiners of psychology, and who has completed at least 1,500 hours of hands-on training or supervised experience in the provision of evidence based behavioral therapy models consistent with best practice and research on effectiveness for children with autism spectrum disorders, and at least two years of experience as an independent practitioner and as a supervisor of less experienced clinicians OR
- Must be a state-licensed behavior analyst with a minimum of 1,500 hours of hands-on training or supervised experience in the provision of ABA services directly to individuals with autism under the supervision of a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who has at least two years of experience in ABA programming for individuals with autism, and as a supervisor of less experienced clinicians.
- A Master’s Degree in a human services discipline is desirable.
- Must provide sufficient written evidence of training and/or education in the method of evidence-based therapy being delivered.
- At least three years of experience utilizing applied behavior analysis and providing behavior services (functional assessment, behavior intervention plans (BIP), treatment evaluation, crisis intervention) to clients with autism.
- Proven leadership experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Natural ability to interact with children. Must demonstrate the ability to work with a variety of children on the autism spectrum, at different functioning levels.
- Critical thinking skills, with strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of coaching, mentoring, and leading others.
- Key Leadership Skills:
- Positive Attitude
- Developing & Motivating Others
- Fostering Teamwork
- Effective Communication
- Strategic Thinking
- Must display energy and creativity.
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships. Must be able to communicate information and ideas by speaking in a way in which others will understand.
- Clinical skills to include:
- Functional assessments and/or analysis
- Skill assessments
- Behavior plans and protocols
- Individualized goals and outcomes
- Writing and submitting reports to funding agencies and team members.
- Data analysis, progress measurement and treatment planning.
- Strong client centered focus, with the desire to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and abide by ethical guidelines and policies, including compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients and their families, representing organization in a professional manner.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to meet scheduling commitments.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must pass a thorough Background Check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of auto insurance.
Caravel Autism Health Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
"Mental Health", "Child Psychology", “ABA Tutor”, "child development", “paraprofessional”, "Occupational Therapy", Speech, Sociology, "Social Work", "special education", "child care", "special needs", "applied behavior analysis", Autism, "part-time", “behavior therapist”, “therapy”, “CPI”, “TCI”, “MENTA”, “crisis management”, “behavior management”, disabilities, “developmental disabilities”, “home care”, “behavioral health”, “early childhood” , “teacher”, “skills coach” , “behavior intervention”, "anxiety", "apraxia", "aspergers syndrome", "attention deficit disorder (ADD)","communication disorders","developmental delays","downs syndrome","fragile x","motor skills deficits","non compliance","obsessive compulsive disorder","social deficits,"social pragmatic disorder","sensory integration disorder","behavior difficulties disorder"food selectivity,"persuasive development disorder (PDD-NOS)", "global development","behavior difficulties/disorders", "attention deficit hyper active disorder”, “(ADHD)","global development", "learning disabilities"
“Behavior Technician”, “ABA Jobs” , “Working with Children”, “Psychology”, “Social Work Jobs” , “Child Therapy”, “Adolescent Therapy”, “Childcare”, “Early Intervention”, “Challenging Behavior”, “Autism Spectrum Disorders”
“BCBA jobs”, “BCBA careers”, “Applied Behavior Analysis”, “LBA”, “Board Certified Behavior Analyst”, “ABAi”, “Psychology”, “Special Education”, “Early Intervention”, “Verbal Behavior”, “Autism Spectrum Disorders”, “Developmental Disabilities”, “Parent Education”