The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, LLC (CARD) is among the world’s largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating individuals of all ages who are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. CARD strives to meet the growing need for services by continuously opening new offices throughout the country to provide top-quality ABA therapy across all populations.
CARD was founded in 1990 by leading autism expert and clinical psychologist Doreen Granpeesheh, PhD, BCBA-D. CARD treats individuals with ASD using the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA), which is empirically proven to be the most effective method for treating individuals with ASD and recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the US Surgeon General. With locations throughout US and internationally, CARD’s mission is to provide access to top-quality treatment all over the world. Through its network of trained technicians, behavior analysts, and researchers, CARD develops and implements quality, comprehensive, and individualized treatment programs that lead to success.
CARD is seeking qualified Clinical Supervisors/Clinical Supervisor Designees to design and implement ABA treatment programs for children, teenagers and adults on the autism spectrum. The Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Supervisor Designee will supervise a treatment team of technicians in the process of setting up/maintaining ABA programs.
Clinical Supervisors/Clinical Supervisor Designees supervise the treatment team assigned to each patients’ case to help ensure that CARD provides top-quality patient service. The Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Supervisor Designee will complete patient reports and other supervisory responsibilities as is appropriate and necessary based on the patient service contract.
The Clinical Supervisor Designee will be going through a mentorship program to learn CARD policies/procedures, yet is expected to complete everything a Clinical Supervisor does. During the mentorship program the Clinical Supervisor Designee will be assigned a mentor who will be available for questions regarding their implementation of the CARD ABA method on a regular basis. At the successful completion of the Clinical Supervisor Designee’s mentorship program, the ‘Designee’ portion of their title is dropped. This position is a salaried, exempt, full-time position.
- Implement and represent CARD policy enthusiastically
- Represent CARD professionally and ethically to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, supervise, and mentor treatment teams of technicians
- Manage patient services based on CARD policies & procedures
- Set and achieve performance goals with patient, patient guardian, and treatment teams
- Prepare and review quarterly performance evaluations of treatment team, including recommendations as to advancement or other changes in status
- Hold quarterly coaching sessions for treatment team
- Handle treatment team complaints and grievances
- Assist with training of staff
- Determine techniques to be used in implementation of terms of any treatment contracts CARD has with outside agencies
- Ensure 100% contract fulfillment for assigned patients
- Ensure that all supervision hours are at 100% contract fulfillment
- Maintain a minimum of 16-24 patients
- Maintain medical updates for each patient while tracking this information in the SKILLS database
- Conduct program design functions during regularly scheduled patient meetings
- Learn and help implement CARD treatment models such as the CARD Curriculum©.
- Help complete all patient SKILLS assessments
- Ensure patient treatment plans are maintained on the SKILLS database
- Maintain patient behavior intervention plans on SKILLS
- Oversee and maintain accurate and organized patient notes, data, and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare for and attend patient educational meetings (Individual Education Plan meetings, IPPs, IFSP, ARC) and develop treatment recommendations
- Train patients’ guardians and family members on treatment techniques; maintain positive working relationship with patients’ family; respond to guardian questions in timely and professional manner
- Track and report time spent in direct contact with patients and time spent preparing documents, reports, and other materials related to patients
- Work cooperatively and courteously with internal staff and outside stakeholders including school personnel/administration, outside service providers, regional center personnel, and other agency personnel
- Respond to all corporate requests in a timely manner or by specified deadline
- Maintain patient privacy in accordance with CARD policy
- Minimize cancellations of scheduled sessions
- Attend required seminars and meetings including regular retreat
- Must abide by BACB guidelines, rules, and regulations
- Achieve CARD’s highest Technician position and demonstrate excellence in patient treatment
- Minimum of two years of experience providing Applied Behavior Analysis treatment to children with autism
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Behavior Analysis, or related field
- BCBA, LCSW, or LMFT certification required
- Completed CARD Technician exams and received passing scores on all related written and field tests
- Demonstrated knowledge of ABA treatment techniques and treatment program designs for children of varying skill levels
- Proven people-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Key Characteristics: Professional, organized, creative, motivating, goal-driven
- No past criminal history
- Must pass tuberculosis test
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Supervisor Designees salary based on experience
- Paid travel time, training time, and office time
- Opportunities to work on research and development projects
- Educational Assistance Program, Master’s in Psychology program and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preparation program
- Opportunities for advancement
- US & international travel opportunities
- For qualifying employees, benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program, 401K, educational assistance program and corporate discount programs.
- Up to 2 weeks earned paid vacation time, 5+ days earned paid sick time (dependent on region), and 7 days paid holidays. Additional paid vacation time dependent on region and/or seniority
- Competitive introductory bonus
- Shared discretionary quarterly bonus plan
- Monthly participation in discretionary fringe benefits based off of billable hours. Examples of the incentives you can receive monthly are: regional weekend getaway, electronic gaming system (Nintendo Switch, PS4, etc.), flat screen TV, gift cards, etc.
- Cruise getaway trip for new employee and one guest post oral exam and meeting 2,000 fulfilled billable hours
- Opportunity for earned annual destination trip for employee and one guest (all expenses paid)
- CARD Apple iPad
- Primarily center based services – driving is minimal
- Regular destination corporate retreats
- Traveling supervisors receive a laptop, corporate AMEX (based on region you are supporting), and additional fringe benefits