Hazard ARH is a 358-bed medical center with a population base in our service area of approximately 200,000 people. We offer a vast array of medical services and serve as a tertiary referral cent for hospitals in our service area. It is the largest medical center in southeast Kentucky.
- A robust cardiac program which includes cardiology, heart catheterization, open heart surgery and cardiac rehab.
- A state-of-the-art cancer treatment center offering chemotherapy, hematology and radiation treatments. Hazard ARH is also a nationally designated breast center and also offers advanced imaging technology and surgical services to our oncology patients.
- A distinct 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit as well as outpatient rehabilitation services that include occupational and physical therapies, and speech-language pathology.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites where we perform general as well as specialty surgeries such as open-heart and bariatrics.
- The 100-acute care bed ARH Psychiatric Center, which is the designated State acute mental health facility for a 21-county region in Eastern Kentucky.
- One of the region’s oldest and most respected Home Health agencies and home durable medical equipment stores.
- We recently celebrated the opening of the Joe Craft Tower, which added 100,000 square feet to our medical center, making it the largest hospital in eastern Kentucky. The Joe Craft Tower is a three-story patient tower that includes a 24-bed emergency department, a dedicated 16-bed cardiac critical care unit, 34 private rooms, and a new helipad to facilitate safer and timelier air transports to and from the facility. Detailed planning went into giving the Joe Craft Tower the most patient and care-giver friendly design possible.
Hazard ARH also features an Accredited Chest Pain Center; Level II Nursery, Accredited Cancer Center, Accredited Breast Center, and is proud to be the first Eastern Kentucky hospital to join the UK Stroke Affiliate Network.
At Hazard ARH we feel it is important for medical students to be exposed to our medical center early, and work closely with the medical schools at the Pikeville School of Osteopathic Medicine and Lincoln Memorial University. In addition, we offer a family practice residency program through the University of Kentucky and are currently exploring a surgical residency program. Located in beautiful southeastern Kentucky, Hazard is known as the "Queen City of the Mountains." Hazard is the county seat of Perry County, which has a population of approximately 30,000 residents. Rich in natural resources, Hazard and Perry County's history is tied to the coal and lumber industries. The Hazard and Perry County are fortunate to have multiple excellent elementary, middle and high schools.
While there are many natural recreational activities available in Hazard and surrounding eastern Kentucky communities, our hospital is only a beautiful two to three-hour drive away from metropolitan areas such as Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Knoxville, Tennessee.
To learn more about our community, please see the following resources:
Hazard Independent Schools: www.hazard.kyschools.us
Hazard Community & Technical School: www.hazard.kctcs.edu
Buckhorn Lake State Park: www.parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/buchorn-lake
Chamber of Commerce: www.hazardperrychamber.com
City of Hazard: www.cityofhazard.com