Location: Bear, DE Department: Dot Transportation Reports To: Director of Transportation
Your Role: Assists in the dispatching of transportation personnel, receives and responds to calls from internal and external customers, and provides a level of customer service that fosters internal and external customer retention and growth.
- Tracks and manages supplier PO’s
- Conducts quality audits of Driver & Load Management systems
- Administers driver expirations and compliance, regional driver ETA data entries, regional driver time off and special request entries, and regional driver off duty/light duty reports
- Transfers coordination and confirmations between distribution centers
- Assists in making customer and supplier pre-appointments and appointments
- Assists with driver payroll tasks and expense entries
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday - Friday, occasional weekend coverage
- Work Environment: Some exposure to garage / shop environment
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive pay – Range: $14.96 - $22.44 per hour
- Family-friendly work environment
- Ongoing training and development
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills to be successful in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
We’d Like You To Have:
- College degree
- Administrative / clerical experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills