Behavior Specialist (Behavior Intervention, Behavior Respite, AST) for the Santa Clarita/San Fernando Area
Total Program’s goal is to provide quality education and training to individuals with autism or other exceptional needs, while assisting their families to create a successful relationship within the family and community. Total Programs employs experienced and knowledgeable staff, which support all members involved to accomplish this goal.
Teaching adaptive and functional skills to individuals with developmental disabilities to become active members of their community.
Provide a safe and healthy community/home environment for clients and community members.
- Teach the client adaptive and functional skills according to the goal domain areas focused on Behavior Respite.
- Implement the individualized support plans for clients with specialized support.
- Transport clients in personal automobiles (personal automobiles must meet the insurance qualifications and drivers must meet drivers’ license checks).
- Complete appropriate documentation of client’s progress.
- Submission of payroll, direct service logs, and reports in accordance to company policies.
- Must meet the 12 hours of training required for Total Programs specialists.
- Must have working technology (computer, cell phone, working email).
- Communication with supervisors, including replying to emails, and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional behavior as outlined by company policies.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma and/or Bachelors Degree in related field for Behavior Respite Services.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities for a minimum of 1 year.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ABA principles after 6 week introductory period.
- Ability to stand, reach, scoop and regularly lift 30-40 pounds throughout assigned shift.
- Able to endure physical activities including, but not limited to walking, recreational sports, etc.
- In cases of behavior outburst, community specialist needs to be physically capable of using NCPI techniques, including physical control positions.
- Implement CPR and First Aid techniques during crisis situations.
- Driving requirements 20-30 minutes.
- Current TB
- Standing for long periods of time out in the community and/or home environment.
- Must be able to attend full week of training (40.0 hours)
- Automobile Insurance requirements (Must have reliable transportation)
- Spanish speaking preferred
- ASL Certification preferred
- Mileage reimbursement
- Sick Leave Paid
This is a part-time position. Hours are in the late afternoons, 3pm to 7 or 8pm. Must be able to work 3-4 weekdays and 1 weekend day.
Hourly wages are dependent upon education and experience working with special needs children.
Local Candidates only please
Job Type: Part-time
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
Salary: $13.25 to $20.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time