Community Health Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Director to join our Executive Team. The Behavioral Health Director administers and coordinates the activities of the Behavioral Health Department in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director. Oversees all aspects of behavioral health service provided to patients; establishes health care policy; provides supervision to Behavioral Health Department; serves on the Executive Team and performs related duties as required.
Director Responsibilities include:
- Provides Clinical Supervision and mentoring to Behavioral Health staff.
- Provides direct care/therapeutic services to behavioral health patients in line with duties and responsibilities of a behavioral health provider, including after-hours and weekend call.
- Work with community agencies and participate on community committees to develop relationships and engage in opportunities for growth.
- Participates in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Medical Director for the development of the health care plan based on community health needs, epidemiology of the community, and the health beavior of the community.
- Coordinates behavioral health staff schedules.
- Attend regular internal and external meetings to discuss progress in meeting clinical program and agency goals.
- Develop, implement and review policies and procedures in accordance to DHS 35..
- Develop and deliver training opportunities for staff members to promote quality care, clinic efficiencies and improved patient outcomes.
- Lead in conjunction with the Executive team exploring options for additional behavioral health services or partnerships.
- Complete application process to obtain DHS Certification 75 for: SUD, MAT, and OTP.
- Master's degree required
- State of Wisconsin license as a physician, nurse or mental health professional required. Individuals with a training license do not meet criteria.
- License, sub specialty or related experience in the area of assessing and treating substance use disorders is highly preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in management in a mental health department required.
- Minimum five years of experience in evaluating behavioral health, developmental disabilities, and/or substance abuse delivery systems, including the use of statistical and computerized management models.