This skilled professional will be the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) counselor on an innovative multi-disciplinary team that includes Primary Care Physician, High-risk Maternity Social Worker, Peer Support Specialist, and clinic support staff. This position will provide SUD assessment, individual counseling, facilitate group sessions, and provide SUD case management, to pregnant and postpartum women with SUD within the Primary Care Clinic. This position will also provide SUD-specific education and consultation to other members of the clinic and Project Nurture team.
- Independently practice in a Primary Clinic setting.
- Collaborate with patient/support system in evaluating, diagnosing patients utilizing current edition Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and/or provide specialized psychotherapy services as described in CPT to reduce and /or resolve symptoms of psychiatric and/or substance use disorders identified.
- Utilize established approaches and standards to complete assessment of patient risk to self and/or others, complete and implement risk reduction/mitigation plans to ensure patient and community safety.
- Incorporate evidence based approaches in psychotherapy including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and the Recovery Model. Demonstrate effectiveness in assessment and diagnosis, including crisis evaluations, individual, group and family psychotherapy, and multi-modal treatment settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities of advanced social work practice and shall perform duties in a manner that respects patient self-determination, reduces health disparities/barriers to care, and adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) code of ethics, Standards of Practice (SOP), and the Providence mission.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of Social Work, or from a school in candidacy status by the CSWE
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with the state of Oregon
- 2 years of post Master’s experience in a behavioral health treatment setting
- For those in a dedicated Chemical Dependency treatment program, a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) -or- 60 hours of approved continuing education units (CEUs) in diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders within 1 year of hire
- Certification to assess and implement a Directors Hold as delegate to Mental Health Authority within 6 months of hire
- Additional experience in substance use treatment setting
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.