Do you have customer service experience, a great work history, and a desire to play a part in offering behavioral health care services throughout our area? Consider becoming a Support Services Technician. Under the general supervision of the Director of Support Services, performs scheduling, clerical, registration, charge entry, insurance benefits verification, pre-certification, reception, and secretarial functions for the different locations of the Robert Young Center, including, CSP, Riverside, Access Center, Enrichment Center, Ricaurte & Associates, and the Outpatient Mental Health Center.
This position will be scheduled Monday to Thursday, 5:30PM - 8:30PM and Fridays 4:30PM - 8:30PM. Eligible for part time benefits!
- Acurately and thoroughly collects, analyzes, and records client demographic and insurance/financial data in VisionWorks.
- Scans insurance cards.
- Updates and edits information in computer, ensuring that all fields are populated correctly and
- appropriately, including rolodex, fund pool, and opens programs.
- Completes all required registration forms necessary to meet internal and external requirements.
- Reviews and explains all registration forms prior to obtaining signatures from client orclient representative
- Verifies client identification.
- Provides clients with financial assistance applications per department guidelines.
- Performs pre-certification and insurance benefits verification and enters billing notes.
- Registers inpatient and outpatients and assigns the correct accommodation/location codes.
- Reviews and edits patient accounts and billing notes for current financial status.
- Reviews Medi for RIN’s, Medicaid and Medicare to verify benefits and eligibility
- Collects co-pays and other self pay balances.
- Collects payment vouchers and forwards to Patient Accounts for processing
- Charge Entry:
- Enters, edits and corrects charges/contact notes for clinical staff and psychiatrists.
- Updates group rosters for MH, CSP and Riverside and enters census.
- Reconciles charge entry process for accuracy on a daily basis. Reconciles group rosters against attendance sheets
- Provides case management / linkage services by assisting clients in accessing health coverage programs
- Enters charges/contact notes for enrolling clients into health coverage programs.
- Medical Records
- Supply ordering
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service experience required.
- One year of experience in admitting, registration, and/or insurance verification or other office setting in a hospital setting preferred.
- Office experience preferred.
- Skills dealing with professionals and customers/clients in normal business situations as well as service recovery preferred.