- Provides clinical information and education for inbound calls and outbound calls triages behavioral health crisis calls. Uses established protocols and independent professional judgment. Documents assessment, plans, interventions and results. May function as shift lead.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and triage behavioral health need
- Document calls and actions using standard computer software application
- Provide resource and education to non-licensed behavioral health staff
- Schedule and make follow up calls to provide care facilitation
- Promote recovery concepts and inspire hope
- Work with other internal and external agency personnel to meet callers' needs
- Provide professional assessments, interventions within scope of relevant licensure
- Provide information and behavioral health education to callers
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred. 1+ years of Behavioral Health experience in crisis interventions, case management, behavioral interventions, therapy, assessment and intake, or related area. Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft office and/or data entry systems. Must possess and demonstrate strong abilities in data entry, typing, call documentation and customer service skills including active listening. Experience in telephonic counseling and/or managed care setting preferred.
License/Certification: Must have one of the following: Licensed Professional Counselor; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Licensed Psychologist; Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor, Licensed Associate Counselor; Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor; Licensed Masters Social Worker; Registered Nurse – License must be current, active and issued by the state of Arizona.
Must either have or be able to successfully obtain a fingerprint clearance card issued by the State of Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.