LSCC seeks to hire board certified Behavioral Health Psychiatrists who are experienced working with the underserved population in a fast paced clinic setting. The ideal candidates are mission-focused; flexible with their time, work locations, and ability to provide coverage while working within a group practice; proactive; creative in problem-solving approaches; quality focused; see the provision of services to underserved populations as part of their career goals; and are comfortable working with a population who may have limited psychosocial resources.
We provide appropriate behavioral health services for patients of all ages, from seniors and adults to adolescents and children. We employ a range of mental health professionals, including child and adolescent, adult, and psychiatrists specializing in geriatric mental health. The Psychiatrist delivers excellent care and professional experience to the patients of LSCC appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with multicultural, multilingual patient population.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the State of Texas (or completion/scheduled date of Jurisprudence)
- Current DPS and DEA certificates (or in progress)
- Board eligibility in Psychiatry (ABPN) is required; board certification is required within three years of achieving initial eligibility
- Current American Heart Association BLS - Health Care Provider course
- Bilingual/Medical Spanish is preferred but not required