Make a real difference every minute of every day.
Find endless opportunities to elevate your career.
Balance work and life with many schedule options. Build a family away from home.
The Robert Young Center is looking for Behavioral Health Techs. This is a PRN (as needed) position with variable hours available . If you enjoy working with Behavioral Health patients in a hospital setting this could be the position for you. You will play a role in the care, and safety of patients experiencing behavioral health problems . You will also be working with patient with chemical dependency . This is a challenging but rewarding position assisting people at some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides basic nursing care for the personal and comfort needs of the patient.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene, grooming, active daily living skills (ADL’s), nutrition, transportation/information to internal and external appointments.
- Obtains vital signs including weights, intake and output as delegated by registered nurse. Accurately documents information in patient’s medical record.
- Maintains a professional attitude and personal behavior which enhances the efficacy of the therapeutic environment through:
- Observes, documents and reports patient behavior to the appropriate clinician. Maintains accurate records for statistical reporting, and documents patient progress per program.
- Safety rounding to maintain therapeutic, secure, and safe environment for patients/visitors/staff. Accurately documents safety rounds. Intervenes appropriately and therapeutically in crisis situations using crisis intervention preventions and trauma informed care.
- Utilizes supportive communication and crisis intervention through group and individual interactions.
- Monitors patient activities and behaviors, and reports any change in status to patient’s assigned nurse
- Demonstrates the ability to display compassion, empathy, and calmness in all interactions, including stressful interactions with patients/families/visitors/co-workers.
- Demonstrates competence in the skills, (processes, procedures, and equipment) necessary to carry out assigned duties. Demonstrate competence in recognizing and responding to patients physical, mental, emotional and developmental needs utilizing crisis prevention intervention and trauma informed care
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
CNA, EMT-Basic, EMT-Paramedic or 1st year Nursing Student
Mental health experience preferred
CPR, CPI (Crisis Prevention and Intervention) training
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must be able to deal effectively with mentally ill and/or substance abuse patients and a multi-disciplinary team of professional staff Must have the ability to work in a situation with a high degree of physical and emotional strain.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position including specialized safety communication equipment.
Level 3; Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.