CORA Services is a non-profit agency whose mission is to assist youth, children, and families experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity. CORA provides this assistance throughout the greater Philadelphia area.
CORA is currently seeking Full Time and Part Time Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) for the 2020 2021 school year. BHTs will provide behavioral supports to students in schools within the School District of Philadelphia.
Working as a BHT with CORA, you will:
- Foster a therapeutic relationship with clients, supporting their therapeutic needs and goals on the treatment plan in home, school and the community.
- Use therapeutic techniques and interventionsbest matched to the individual to help them achieve goals in the treatment plan.
- Collect data on behaviors as directed by the team to provide input and feedback that contributes to the development of the treatment plan.
- Provide crisis management and support to clients, including prevention, de-escalation and processing of strategies to support improved client functioning.
- Coach the teacher, parent, and child on how to effectively implement strategies and interventions that promote attainment of treatment goals and help the client achieve success.
- Provide feedback to other team members regarding outcome measurement related to interventions and responses.
- Adhere to CASSP principles of being child-centered, family-focused, community based, multi-system, culturally competent and least restrictive/least intrusive and incorporate these principles through treatment.
- Participates in regular meetings with staff to ensure priorities are clear, coordination is good and communication is effective. Develop additional methods for ongoing effective communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to being trauma informed and maintaining a therapeutic environment and community that promotes safety and nonviolence as the basis for all we do with clients and staff.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess the following:
- At least 1 year professional experience providing behavioral health services.
- The following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in one (1) of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other Human Service field.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and completion of a 40-hour training covering the RBT Task List as evidenced by a certification that includes the name of the responsible trainer, who is certified as a BCBA or BCABA. On the job training will be provided.
- Understanding of behavior modification theory and implementation of interventions.
- Understanding of group model of counseling in a school setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a broad variety of people, including youth, school staff, family members, other team members and management.
- Ability to quickly form trusting relationships with child/adolescent population based on understanding of developmental process and emotional needs.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with diverse clients, school staff, family members and stakeholders.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve, and follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail, especially with regard to recording/collecting data, in order to report behavioral outcomes and intervention results to Behavior Consultant (BC), Mobile Therapist (MT), and Psychologist
- Knowledge, application, and adherence to CASSP principles.
Reasons to work for CORA:
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00/hour (based on experience and credentials)
- Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire), with generous company contribution
- Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability coverage
- Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service
- Generous paid time off package
- Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment!
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.