TheBehavioral Health (BH) Triage Social Worker supports access to behavioralhealth services for Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) patientsand assigned managed care members. Usinga structured assessment process, the BH Triage Clinician determines the natureof the request, the degree of risk and the urgency with which services need tobe provided during telephonic interactions with CCHHS patients. The BH Triage Clinician makes recommendationsfor treatment based upon understanding of available resources, client/caregiverpreferences, clinical judgement, client presentation and insurancerequirements.
Thisposition is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Establishes rapport with the caller to ascertainthe reason for the call to the triage line
- Completes the behavioral health assessment tool
- Reviews assessment results to review treatmenthistory, suicidality, hospitalization history, substance use, medical concernsand current medications
- Applies scoring tools to support assessmentresults
- Provides brief intervention if appropriate
- Determines appropriate level of care for thepatient based upon assessment and scoring results.
- Provides treatment and community resources topatient based upon assessment and screening results
- Assesses barriers to treatment and negotiates aplan to mitigate the barriers
- Provides appointment options for the patient
- Follows up with receiving organization/facilityfor urgent cases to determine if patient arrived.
- Participates in team meetings, QualityImprovement projects, and workgroups
- Notifies Managed Care Organization BehavioralHealth units and provides clinical detail to support authorization.
- Maintains an understanding of eligibilitycriteria for health benefit programs and provides information to the patientsto apply.
·Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university(must provide proof of HS diploma or Bachelor's Degree with official transcripts)
- Licensed as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Two (2) years of mental health or substance abuse experience post degree
- Must be able to work night and weekends
- One (1) year of crisis intervention or behavioral health telephone triage experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and OtherCharacteristics
- Knowledge of and ability to apply harm reduction
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse population
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with referral providers.
- Ability to maintain demeanor during stressful or busy times
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
·Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
·Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
·Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing.Please note:If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date.Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United Stateswith the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territoriesand Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluationservice belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment arecontingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional &employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriatelicensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical andpre-employment drug screen.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT