Mental Health Resource Center a comprehensive mental health center and Joint Commission accredited organization, is seeking Behavioral Healthcare Assistants.
Behavioral Healthcare Assistants provide competency based direct care to children, adolescents and adults on our inpatient behavioral health units. Behavioral Healthcare Assistants assist in providing a safe, clean and therapeutic environment for our patients. These behavioral health units provide crisis stabilization services and most patients are admitted involuntarily to the facility via the Baker Act, the mental health act of Florida. The normal length of stay on the unit for patients is typically 3-5 days. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is dedicated to providing a caring, therapeutic environment and who enjoys working in a team atmosphere.
Some of the responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Monitors behaviors and documents observed behaviors as indicated in the patient record.
- Provides ongoing attention and interaction with patients in order to establish supportive relationships, learn patient concerns and goals and work to assist patients in achieving successful outcomes.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene and activities of daily living skills (ADLs) in accordance with age, cultural consideration and level of functioning based on current acuity and diagnosis.
- Ensures implementation of the daily schedule that meets patients’ needs and interests.
- Performs safety checks at a minimum of 15 minute intervals on patients in accordance with policy and procedure or as directed by supervisor.
- Supervises patients during fresh air breaks and visitation periods.
- Remains knowledgeable of admission/discharge status, patient level and privileges/restrictions, special information, treatment plan and unusual events.
- Performs and documents vital signs on patients, under direct supervision of Registered Nurse.
The following positions are available:
Day Shift- Monday through Friday (rotating every other weekend) 7:00am to 3:30pm (Northside Facility)
Evening Shift- Monday through Friday (rotating every other weekend) 3:00pm to 11:30pm (Southside Facility)
Night Shift- Monday through Friday (rotating every other weekend) 11:00pm to 7:30am (Northside Facility)
A comprehensive benefits package is offered with all full time positions.
Day Shift- 7:00am to 3:30pm Every or Every other weekend (Northside Facility)
Evening Shift- 3:00pm to 11:30pm Every or Every other weekend (Northside and Southside Facilities)
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems is comprised of two not-for-profit organizations:
- Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems (RBHS)
- Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC)
These not-for profit organizations work together to provide a wide array of mental health, substance abuse, and social services to children and adults throughout Duval County (Jacksonville) and other Florida counties. RBHS and MHRC have 500 employees throughout Florida.
The mission of Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC) is to help people improve their well-being and achieve their goals by providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and social services. We view MHRC as a leader in the behavioral health and social services field, and we will continuously strive to provide services of the highest quality and effectiveness. Our services will be provided in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting and in the most cost-effective manner utilizing caring, professional staff.
Visit us at www.mhrcflorida.com
- In order to be considered, candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic (PMD) certification preferred.
- One year experience working in direct patient care preferred.
- Strong communication skills are essential and this individual must be able to interact appropriately with internal and external customers, including patients, families, caregivers, community service providers, supervisory staff and other department professionals.
- Each team member contributes to the completeness and confidentiality of clinical records by ensuring documentation, paperwork and system entries meet internal and external guidelines for content, accuracy and timeliness.
Candidates may send a resume to Mental Health Resource Center Attn: Human Resources PO Box 19249 Jacksonville, Florida 32245-9249. For more information, please call 904-743-1883 extension 7206. Faxed resumes are also welcome at 904-493-5910. You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on the web at www.mhrcflorida.com click on the ‘Join Our Team’ tab.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
All employees of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center are required to complete a criminal background screen. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the criminal background screen with satisfactory results. It is essential that all information on the application be completed accurately. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify applicants from employment.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center encourage all applicants to take advantage of opportunities for hire, and if internal applicant, transfers, promotions, and advancement, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.