Behavioral Therapits for a world renown not-for-profit
Job Summary: Provides direct management services including identifying and coordinating community resources. The Case Manager provides a variety of individual and/or group supportive services that address both short-term and long-term client needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interviews clients for direct service needs, develop a case plan with the client including written short-term and long-term goals and tasks. Makes referrals as needed.
- Reevaluating goals with clients at regular intervals.
- Facilitates individual and group meetings as needed.
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary case team.
- Collaborates with other disciplines including substance abuse, legal, medical, educational, vocational, mental health professionals and other service providers.
- Makes appropriate referrals for emotional, substance abuse, legal, medical, dental, educational recreational, vocational, employment and housing needs.
- Creates and maintains case records, including, but not limited to legal documentation, assessments, case notes, case plans, service updates, court reports, medical reports, referrals, discharge summaries, visitation records and educational information.
- Enhances the client environment by creating a hospitable and customer-oriented facility.
- Completes reports and maintain statistical data, meets programmatic, documentation and other performance standards, on an on-going basis.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required.
- Social work degrees, social work licensure in the appropriate jurisdiction is required.
- Professional counseling degrees, professional counseling licensure in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
• Minimum of one-year experience working with at risk clients in a direct service setting required.
• Minimum of two years’ experience working with clients who have a history of homelessness, with some knowledge of addiction and mental health issues preferred. In some cases, minimum years of experience can be substituted with additional related certifications or master’s degree in human services or related field.
• Valid local Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent communication both verbal and written.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence, and other job-related documents.
• Skill to work effectively under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Maintain accurate client records which includes the client database.
• Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well-informed decisions.
• Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles, and business trends.
• Ability to work effectively with external agencies.