Join one of the founding ABA companies in the Milwaukee area; providing high quality, ethically-minded treatment since 2002. Our commitment to maintaining a stable, smaller size operation for children with autism ages 1-5 continues to yield both optimal customer care and high employee satisfaction. We love what we do!
- Positive, small-scale working environment with ready access to supervisory support
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus potential
- 401(K) with match
- Medical, dental, PTO and paid holidays
- No evening or weekend clinical requirements
- Flexible scheduling
- Company-issued chrome book and electronic data collection and analysis
- Supervision for BCBA-related independent fieldwork pending initiation of qualified coursework
- Reduced travel requirements as in-home services limited to just Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties
- Funding towards relevant continuing education experiences
AIMBehavioral Treatment Therapists (BT Therapists) are responsible for assessing the client’s current level of functioning and implementing programming using the principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) under direct supervision of the Lead Therapist (BCBA level). Full-time BT Therapists typically run five to seven cases with three to four staff members each.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Develop and implement the client’s individualized treatment plan and programming based on appropriate assessments and developmental guidelines.
- Lead weekly team meetings for each clientand provide weekly written programming updates for the team to review and implement.
- Establish appropriate parent goals, access progress, and discuss weekly.
- Train and continue to coach staff on appropriate implementation of programming and behavior plans. New staff will overlap BT Therapist and/or other advanced staff for the required 40 hours of training.
- Maintain an average of 1-2 hours per 10 hours of therapyper week for each client.
- Provide direct supervision of each BT Tech every other week.
- Manage the collection, summarization, and analysis of data and ensure appropriate progress.
- Update treatment plans post-assessment under supervision.
- Communicate regularly with parents, guardians, or other caregivers regarding programming, behavior plans, progress, and any other concerns they may have.
- Participate in monthly protocol modification sessions with Lead Therapist, parents and BT Techs.
- Collaborate with school and other outside service providers. This includes attending IEP meetings and observing school age children every other month or as allowed by the school/school district.
- Work with Director of Administration to ensurethat each client is scheduled for the appropriate number of hours. Follow up with staffto make sure any missed shifts are covered or made up. Notify Director of Administration when shifts are cancelled.
- Conduct performance evaluations of Assistant BT Therapists, Advanced BT Tech, and BT Tech. This includes end of training overlap review, continuous feedback during bi-weekly overlaps, three-month overlap review, 6-month evaluations, and annual evaluations.
- Consult with Director of Administrationon personnel matters, as necessary.
- Delegate to advanced staff when appropriate.
- Attend and participate in weekly staffing meetingwith Directors and other BT Therapists for clinical supervision, and to discuss personnel and administrative issues.
- Participate in workshops, webinars, training, and continuing education opportunities to maintain and develop clinical skills and techniques.
- Lead by example and follow proper policies and procedures as outlined in AIM’s Employee and Parent handbooks. Assist the Directors to ensure that staff and families do the same.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must havean undergraduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences.
- Must be available to work full-time.
- Must have at least 2,000 hours of documented, supervised experience using ABA or an equivalent behavior modification therapy with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as a BT TherapistIntern/Advanced Behavior Treatment Technician or equivalent, and interest in pursing advanced degree in Behavior Analysis to become a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Must be willing to travel throughout both Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties.
AIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information about job requirements or TO APPLY, please check out our website: www.autisminterventionmilwaukee.com, or call today at 414-256-0077.