Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293701 Date posted 02/14/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
- Perform deburring, blending, polishing countersinking, grinding, drilling or grit blast operations using a variety of hand and power tools and equipment on surfaces and details of aerospace engine components.
- Perform a variety of assembly, sealing, surface treat and heat treat operations on stators or other aircraft engine parts.
- Select, prepare, drill, countersink, rivet and build complex assemblies for various stages and engine models.
- Perform various rubber application processes including preparation, inspection, curing, testing, deburring, cleaning and checking, applying and finishing rubber.
- Perform Total Preventive Maintenance on applicable machines/equipment as required.
- Check parts to meet visual and dimensional requirements using various measuring equipment/tools including micrometers, verniers, height gages and other fixed gages. Assure completed parts meet quality requirements
- Work from oral and written instructions to remove burrs, nicks and scratches on parts.
- Remove details, drill holes and prepare surface areas for new pins, rivets, shrouds or other details as applicable
- May be required to perform a variety of heat treat operations.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Knowledge of various measuring tools, such as height gauges, verniers, calipers and micrometers is preferred
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions concerning work methods and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.